Thursday 21 July 2016

10 Things That Make Me Happy



Lots of things have been playing on my mind recently. Hopefully one day I will be able to write about them and help others going through the same, but for now I have to stay positive. So I'm going to list 10 things that make me happy.




  1. My family. Spending time with my family, going on trips, holidays when we can... watching movies together, doing arts and crafts, everything and anything that brings us together. I grew up in a very close family, I saw my grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins regularly. Unfortunately I didn't get to spend as much time as I wanted to with my mum, as she worked a lot to be able to pay for everything. I want to be able to give my step-children and my own future children the feeling of family and love that I had when I was young. 
  2. Our farm. B and I put a lot of effort into our little "farm". We care for 36 birds (4 mystery babies, 6 mallard teens, 4 female chick teens, 3 male chick teens, 18 hens, and Bob the Duck) and work on a 15x48 meter veg plot. I call it a farm, because that's our end goal.
  3. A basket full of eggs. Our 18 hens aren't the youngest, most of them don't lay eggs anymore. We have 15 Rhode Island Red hens, and 3 ombre Leghorn hens. Our Leghorns all lay, but around 9-10 Rhode Islands no longer lay. Every now and then we'll get over 5-6 eggs, but not very often. We adopted them not long ago, and as they are ex-commercial hens, we've spent a lot of time making them healthier and their eggs better. 
  4. Orange is the New Black.Yes, I'm addicted. I can't stop watching it! It's brilliant. I'm quite late to jump on the bandwagon, but I've managed to cling on for dear life and watch 3 series in a week. Netflix die-hards are going to think that's nothing compared to them finishing things in 24 hours, but I fit it in around housework, blogging, farming, family time and sleep.
  5. Adventures. I haven't been in a long time,  but I love going on adventures in the woods. When I was younger I remember going on an adventure in on of the nature reserves in Menorca. We found new mini beaches none of us knew about, and we walked for hours and hours! It was hot, and humid, and I got dirty and sweaty, but it was fun. I spent time with friends and family, and we laughed and joked around.
  6. Car rides. I used to HATE being in the car. I then went around 2 years without getting into a car. After that I got car-sick, and could only sit in the front. I now LOVE being in the car and just chilling with B, and the kids when we can. Hopefully we'll be able to more often soon.
  7. Brad. I know they say that you shouldn't put your happiness onto someone, but... I have no excuse. He makes me happy. He makes me laugh even without trying, he treats me like a princess (a princess that cleans and cooks haha), and one of the biggest things he done for me? Helped me with my anxiety and depression. Without him, I'd still be inside my house doing nothing.
  8. Bob. I hatched him, I raised him, and he's my baby. He loved having cuddles on the sofa with me while watching TV, sleeping curled up in a blanket with us in the evenings. He imprinted on me and B more or less as soon as he hatched, I had to break his shell open as he was taking so long and became weak. I love him to much, and he's soo cute!
  9. The thought of my family's future. I may or may not spend a little too much time thinking about what B and my life will be like in 5 years. B, two step-children, hopefully another one or two children by then, and me. All of us in a lovely home, having fun... yeah, I may fantasize about that haha!
  10. Me. I decided every day to make myself happy. I care about others and how they feel, but I've learnt after a long time that the person we should care about the most, is ourselves. If I'm unhappy, I can't keep my family happy. I know it sounds selfish to some people, but honestly? I'm not going to worry about petty things, just to make someone else happy and make me and my family miserable. Nope, not gonna happen. 
So there you go :) 10 things that make me happy. What makes you happy? What do you think on number 10? 

Bella x







No comments:

Post a Comment