Tuesday 26 July 2016

Weight-loss and Fitness Journey: Week 1


It's been a week since I my first post on losing weight and getting healthy. If you haven't read it yet, you can find it here. I've had a very busy week, so I've not done exactly what I wanted to, but I definitely have changed a few things.

I mentioned in my first post a few reasons as to why I wanted to lose weight and get healthy. I will be writing a post about one particular reason in the near future, but as for feeling healthier I already do just by drinking more water! It's amazing how quickly things take effect on our bodies and we don't normally notice!

Anyway, I have decided that I'm not going to obsess over my weight. I've done it in the past, where I will obsess over how much I weigh and not pay any attention to clothes fitting me better, feeling lighter, or losing inches. I think it might be a healthier approach for me, physically and mentally. I'm not sure if anyone is actually interested in knowing them, but I will keep them here so I can look back on my progress :)

  • Right Arm: 13.5 inches
  • Chest: 46.5 inches
  • Waist: 36.75 inches
  • Hips: 47.5 inches
  • Right Thigh: 29.5 inches


This past week, I have started drinking 1.5 to 2 L of water a day, plus other drinks like juice. I am more or less constantly peeing, but it's good because it's cleaning my insides and I'm pretty sure I'll lose water weight too. Sorry for too much information haha!

We're eating more varied meals. I cook for myself and B, and the once or twice B has been allowed to have his children by is ex, I've left meals all ready so he only had to heat them up. Cooking for more than just one persons tastes isn't easy. For example, B is more sensitive to flavor than I am, meaning I have to add spices / herbs/ seasoning only to my portion. I was vegetarian at one point, but I really couldn't be bothered cooking two full meals for just two people so I didn't have meat in mine. 

That being said, we stayed to the same meals most of the time, as we both liked them and enjoyed it. I've branched out a little more, and have started cooking things like homemade curry, spaghetti dishes...All sorts!

I've been going outside more too. Trying to find more things I can do in the garden, instead of being inside all day doing housework. I plan to eventually build myself up to going for a run five times a week, but who knows when that'll actually happen.

There's not much else to tell this week, I'm sure I will have more of an update next week though, maybe a difference in my measurements too! 

Are you on a fitness hype or want to lose weight? Do you have any tips I could use? Thank you for reading, hope to see you next week for Week Two! :)

Bella x


No comments:

Post a Comment