Friday 8 July 2016

*Updated* First Post

I've decided to change over to Blogger. Some wordpress users will hate me for it, but I just had so many problems with Wordpress I can't be asked anymore haha! I've been trying to schedule posts for a while now, but tey just never seem to actually post when I want them to, or at all. So here I am! :)

First Post - What can you expect to find here? What do I blog about? Why do I blog about it? 
Here you can expect to find anything and everything related to being a farmer's wife. That means the keeping up with house work, the kids, and the animals and land too.
Some upcoming blog posts include "What is it actually like having a single chick or duckling?", "How do I keep up with the housework?" , and "Do I get any alone time in this life?".

Some may ask why on earth am I blogging about this when I have a million and one other things to do? Well, when I first met my boyfriend I didn't expect any of this. I knew he was a farmer, but I didn't quite realize how involved I would be as he didn't  have his own farm at the time. Now, together we have expanded his flock of chickens from 3 to a potential 21-25 birds (we have eggs incubating and a friend is giving us some birds to free space at his farm).
We have also added ducks. We only have one duckling right now, and as to why will be another post. We have another 11 eggs in an incubator waiting to hatch in about 20 days!
All this and more has happened in a matter of 3 to 4 months. It didn't creep up on me, it literally ran up and jumped on my back.
I am blogging about the life of a farmer's wife so others are prepared and know they are not alone in their pantry with 3 baskets of washing covered in dust and straw. It may be hard work, but it is so worth it when you get to see everything you get in return.
If you would like to visit our farm's website, please do. There you will find more specific information about what we do here :)
Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the comments, on Twitter, or Instagram :)

No comments:

Post a Comment