Friday 23 September 2016

6 Things to do This Winter

6 things I want to do this winter

If you haven't noticed it already on my social media, I live in Norfolk UK. I've only lived here for around a year and a half or a little less. I've not done much of the sight-seeing or adventuring in that time, I've only been to the Norwich Cathedral - which I have to say is pretty special.

As autumn is here and it's approaching my second winter here in the UK after 12 years in Spain, I thought it's about time I put together a bit of a list of things to do and see in Norfolk and Norwich.


  • Banham Zoo. I've only ever been to Colchester Zoo in the UK, and I'd like to see what this one is like! It's a lot less driving, for one haha!
  • Norwich Castle. I've walked around the outside of the castle, but I haven't had a chance to get inside yet. It'd be quite nice to go on a weekend off I think, though I suppose it'll be super busy!
  • Thrigby Hall Wildlife Gardens. I love animals, and didn't even know about this place until I searched things to do in Norfolk. From what their webpage says, it seems like a pretty interesting place to spend the afternoon!
  • The Plantation Garden. If it's not been made obvious by the fact that I grow and sell fruit and veg, I'm pretty happy in the garden. I'm eager to get some ideas as to what to do with out garden as we're removing the veg patch and we'll have loads more space for more of a functional garden for us and the kids.


  • Sea Life in Great Yarmouth. I've studied marine biology - and regular biology - throughout my teen years, which stemmed from being obsessed with The Little Mermaid and marine life in general when I was little. I used to go to any and all Sea Life and aquatic centers I could, but it's been a while since I last visited one. 
  • Gooderstone Water Gardens and Nature Trail. What better than a beautiful nature walk, plus WATER GARDENS? It's like it was meant to be!
I've provided links for any of you who'd like to check any of these things out too. I've tried to keep the prices low, as I know not everyone - including myself - can afford to spend mass mounts of money on a day out. 

I'm hoping to cross all 6 off my list. I want to visit the Gooderstone garderns on a week or two - THEY EVEN ACCEPT DOGS! - so maybe I'll take my mum's dog there with us. 

Can you think of anything else I could / should do in Norfolk? 

Thanks for reading,
Bella x

Liked this? 
Read my most popular post here
or 
Head back to Home


2 comments:

  1. Hooray for Norwich! 🎉 I'm going to be spending most of my winter at uni in Oxford this year but this post brought back so many memories of winters spent in East Anglia! Banham Zoo is a good day out, it's not as large as Colchester Zoo and they don't have so much variety though! 🦁 I really like Yarmouth as well, and it's so easy to get to on the train from Norwich station. Hope you enjoy all of these days out, lovely! Thanks for sharing ❤️

    Abbey ✨ www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to tick all these days off as soon as possible, I have to say the water gardens are what I'm looking forward to the most! I lived in Yarmouth for a couple of months before moving in with B it was an experience to say the least! Thanks for your comment :) xx

      Delete