Wednesday 14 September 2016

Fitness Journey


 Week 5

Hey everyone! I completely forgot about writing this weeks measure-in after being nominated for the Liebster Award (TWICE!). I got completely scooped up in the excitement and  forgot to write this until about 16:00 but then spent an hour doing bits and bobs around the house so I could feel I was allowed to spend my night writing up a few posts to schedule this week and next.

Back on track. If you read last weeks installment to my... I don't know. This "series" doesn't really have a name. I think it might be called "Fitness journey" from now on, as it's not so much a journey to lose weight (although that is a VERY nice side-effect) as it is a journey to getting fit and healthy ready for the next chapter in my life.





Anyway, as I was saying. If you read last week's installment to my Fitness Journey, you'll know that I haven't measured-in for a while now. I didn't measure-in last week due to having eaten already and not being happy with putting out false measurements and giving myself false hope - or on the contrary, making myself feel bad for no reason!

Well, the results are in! Here are my last measurements compared to this weeks!




In some places I have lost some... I suppose weight or "fat" as we're measuring in inches and not weighing. I mentioned in my last Fitness Journey post that I have started walking more and trying to do a bit more physically as well as control my eating habits a bit. I think that has helped in losing size.

Around my chest I have managed to gain size. This isn't what I wanted or what I was aiming for at all, but I won't complain! Maybe something to do with posture? 


What am I going to do to help lose more?

I've started logging my meals and eating habits in my planner, so I won't misplace them or write certain days in one notebook and other days on pieces of paper that just get lost and never seen again.

I know it's not particularly "exercise" but I miss playing on the Wii. I have some dancing games that I enjoy and think it'll be a good way to just relax and play about for a bit, all while getting fit! Seriously, don't underestimate the power of an hour or two of dancing!

I want to try and build up basic strength in my arms too. I've always had more lower-body strength than upper-body, and I think it's a good time to start doing some push-ups, sit-ups, etc. to help. I plan to work my way up to doing 10 push-ups and 10 sit-ups by next Tuesday. It might not seem like a lot, but right now I can't even do one of either so I think it's a good start!

What do you do to keep fit and healthy? Comment down below!

Thanks for reading, 
B xx



Want to read more?
Click here for more health related posts
or
Click here to know more about me!

No comments:

Post a Comment