Friday 9 September 2016

Places I Would Like to Visit



It's Friday! Yay! The week is over and people get a couple days off from work.... brilliant :).

So, as I have no possibility of actually going anywhere this year and will have to wait until next year, I have been pondering where I would have chosen to go if I could have gone on holiday this year.

There's a few places that I really want to go, but it's more to do with the Seven wonders of the world. I haven't included them in this, as I consider that type of holiday - sight seeing, being touristy, not spending much time at the pool or beach - to be travelling, and that's a whole new kettle of fish!



This post is a list of places I would have considered going to to chill out, relax, sunbathe, do a spot of shopping in the closest town or city, that sort of holiday, if you get what I mean.

Anyway, here is my top 5 places I would have gone this year - only five or we would be here forever!

1. Menorca - Spain. 

You may remember Menorca from some travel adverts on TV from (quite a few) years ago. You might have even been yourself, it was a very popular destination! It's great for families - nearly everyone speaks English or at least understands it, lots of lovely hotels to fit each budget, pools, beaches, the sea, the weather... - and the night life is pretty good if you're planning a "responsible" girls weekend.

If you want a weekend that consists purely of drinking, partying, and sex, I suggest Ibiza or Mallorca. By "responsible" I mean having a nice time without a trip to the local A&E after a night out.

I grew up going on yearly holidays to Menorca, and loved it. It was an entirely different world. My family eventually moved there in 2004, and I spent the rest of my childhood -up until 12- living there. It's so safe - or at least it was - that I was perfectly safe playing outside unsupervised most of the year. I was a little more weary of the summer months when the tourist population almost doubled the locals, purely because there were so many more cars and crowds.

I want to take my children to Menorca just like my mum and grandparents too me as a child.

2. Paris. 

It isn't somewhere where I imagine swimming in the sea - obviously - but I would be pretty stocked to spend a week or two in a hotel with a pool in Paris. It's one of my favourite cities, and I dream of the Parisian lifestyle. And talk about the Tour Eiffel! Wonderful views and the buildings are incredible.

3. Florida.

I've been to Disney in Florida before - not that I remember it, I was two or three at the time - but would love to go again. Our aim is to take the kids there when they are old enough to remember, maybe around ten years old. That gives us a long time to save!

There's loads of rides I've love to go on, and I'm sure that in six or seven years there will be many more rides and attractions to see.

The one thing I'm not too keen on is the masses of people. Crowds really aren't my thing to be honest, and I try to avoid them at all costs. My plan would be to stay in a hotel somewhere near Disney - hopefully with a pool or by the sea - and then go to Disney for the day or something like that. I know I'll need a day or so to get myself together after such a long journey from the UK to the USA, and then I'll need a week to calm down after Disney! Plus it'll give us a chance to go back if we don't get to do everything we want if we do it in the first few days of our holiday there.

4. Australia.

This is more of one of those places that I would absolutely love to go, but never will. They have spiders the size of plates, snakes, crocodiles.... No way, Jose! If you follow me on Twitter, you'll know that spiders and insects are definitely not my thing. To willingly go to a country that is quite literally my living hell would be completely bananas.

Other than that, I can dream of going for walks through their jungles, swimming in the sea with all their incredible marine-life... Oh a girl can dream!

5.Venice.

Ahh... Venice. I was lucky enough to go to Venice back in 2012. It was great, and I loved every minute of it. The people were friendly and funny - we experienced a stag-party serenading a woman in the small plaza by the flat we were staying in - and just everywhere we went had great food and great people. After figuring out the shopping and market area wasn't actually as far from th flat as we thought - we only discovered this after we had taken an hours trip on an overcrowded boat - we went off and found hundreds of pretty little shops and markets stalls all over the place.

I'm sure I'll visit / go back to these places again, probably with my family to show them all that I have seen and done. I know for sure Menorca is in the books for next year!

Where would you like to go? Anywhere in place for next year? Or where have you been this year?

Ciao,
B xx

2 comments:

  1. Paris, Venice and Australia are on my list too when I can A) get over my fear of flying and B) get a passport. I've never been abroad, in fact never been on a holiday unless 3 days in London counts? Maybe it's time I did something about it! 🙈😂 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I'm lucky enough that I was put on planes from about 9 months old, so I never really knew any different. You'll get there, promise, and it'll be epic!
      B xx

      Delete