Tuesday 6 September 2016

Measure-in Update



It's been a wile since I did my last "measure-in" and talked about what I've been doing in an attempt to get healthier - about a month or so if I'm not mistaken. If you read this post, you'll know quite a lot has happened over the last few weeks, but I'm back in the blogging game!

I'm hoping I've at least not put on more weight -or inches in this case - more than having lost any, as I know I haven't been keeping to any routine or diet. I'm continueing on Week 4 because I don't think the last 3 to 4 weeks really count towards anything health-related.




Exercise


Well, I haven't done a lot of it, I can tell you that much. 
I have, however, started walking more. Whether that just be going into the garden and having a 5-10 minute walk about while checking on the plants and birds - totally not looking for Pokemon on Pokemon Go - or walking up the road and back, which takes me about 20 minutes each way. It's not much, but it's more than what I was doing.

I kind of consider housework a little workout too. It's like doing -really light-  weights when I lift the full washing basket, and our hoover says it's "lightweight and easy to maneuver", well I call s**t on that. It's not light AT ALL and that just makes it almost impossible to move around easily. I keep it because it's got the suction power of a jet engine, and it picks up EVERYTHING. With housework like mine, who needs a gym!?


I'm thinking of taking up running again once the weather cools a little more. I know, I used to run!? If you've never been running or jogging I highly recommend it -just be safe and listen to your body -even after the first run I felt so much happier and more energetic. I was knackered and needed to put my feet up, but in another way my head was going 100 miles an hour and I felt great about myself and life in general. 



Food


Ahh food. I love food. It's great, it tastes nice and warms you up on a cold day - especially soup! I've been cooking more meals recently, and making dishes I wouldn't have thought of before. I made a fish and potato pie - I will be putting my recipe upon the blog soon - and B and I both love it now. It's become B's favorite meal!

Just to give you an idea of what I've been making recently, here's a few meals I've made over the last week:



  • El Diablo Burgers 
  • Fish and potato pie
  • Cheesy pasta and spicy chicken
  • Chicken and mushroom pie 

I'm branching out more in regards to what we eat. Before we used to eat a lot of pasta, and now I've cut back as much as I can. I'm getting very into making pies and such, maybe it's the time of the year? Anyway, pies are very "in" in our house at the moment. I'm going to be making a post - or a series of - with some of our favorite recipes and meals for you to try yourselves! I've also made sure to have a veggie dinner this week too, and that'll be up on the blog later this month.


Measure-in


I've decided the best way forward would be to measure myself every Monday morning at the same time.This means I'll have a more accurate measurement to go on every month, and it'll mean all the effecting factors - whether I've eaten before measuring or not, etc - will be consistent so I wont be adding or removing inches without it actually meaning anything.

I've decided not to measure this week, and instead wait until next Monday. This is because I've already eaten today and want an accurate measure to compare to my next measurements. I don't want to "con" myself into thinking I'm losing weight - or at least inches - when I'm not. If what I'm doing isn't working, I want to know so I can change it and find something that does.



What do you do to keep fit or healthy? Have you recently started a fitness routine or are trying to lose weight? Or even put weight on? Comment down below!


Thanks for reading,

Bella xx

No comments:

Post a Comment