Thursday 15 September 2016

This Years Goals


If you follow me on twitter you'll know that a few days ago I was sorting out some goals for this blog. I'd set goals before, but they were more like wishes. I wanted to achieve these goals, but I never set out a plan, did anything to work towards it, or even set myself a time to "check-in" or have the goal acomplished by. I'd spend my days wishing them to happen, or dreaming of the day they did, but never getting any closer.

I've been doing some digging and research – if you could call it that – and found a few ways to break my goals done into do-able steps. I won't go into that much detail in this post – I'd be here for quite a while – instead I will be giving a short explanation to each goal.


Goals


1. Post every week day.


If you were following me before this September, you'll have noticed that I let life get in the way and stopped blogging for a little while. It did me more harm than good, and I am so glad to be back at it. I have found a new sense of purpose and self-peace while I write. I can just zone-out and write and write and write about anything and everything. Once I get going, nothing can stop me!
I've had to limit myself to only posting 5 days out of 7, because I know I need a day or two to just chill and do nothing related to blogging. I could schedule posts for those two days, but I want there to be a bit of a gap and come back on Mondays thinking "Yes! Back in the chair and typing away!" rather than "Oh, what happened yesterday?" because I hadn't been paying any attention to scheduled tweets or posts.


2. Use my planner.


I bought myself such a lovely planner in January and I stopped using it sometime in the summer, which I am quite annoyed at myself for.
I've started using it again, but I want to try and make it the next four months using it for my blog as well as planning any events, appointments, etc. So I don't get lost. I love decorating it too, so letting it slip was such a shame!


3. Be more positive.


Quite frankly, this year has been shit. I'm sure some people have had a great year, but that hasn't been quite the case for me. Multiple things have "gone wrong" this year.
Having said that, I'm feeling pretty confident next year will be a good year. I now know who I can and can't trust, so I've been saved the drama for later in life. Apparently bad things happen all at once, so fingers crossed I'm done for a while!
I've let things get to me too much this year. I want to be more positive and not let things effect me like they have.

4.Be more sociable.


Once I'm comfortable with someone, I could talk for England. Much like I can write and write and write, I can talk and talk and talk. B tends to zone out quite a lot because of how much I talk. My mum did comment today about how much I used to talk when I was younger. Good to see nothing has changed then!
The thing is, I need to be comfortable with that person. I find it hard to make friends, especially with people my own age, purely because I have such "old-y" type views and ideas about things. For example, partying? No way, Jose! A nice cuppa and a night in'll do me. I want to be married with kids by the time I'm 25!
So, my goal is to make new friends both in person and online within the blogging comunity! I probably seem really rude or something, but honestly I'm just really shy!

I can't think of any more goals for the rest of 2016 that I could tell you without giving too much away for upcoming... things... on the blog! I don't want all the surprises to be ruined!
I'll leave this here then, and leave you on the edge of your seats!

Do you have any goals for the rest of the year? Have you achieved any of this years goals yet? Tell me in the comments!

Thanks for reading,
B xx



Want more?
Click here for more Uncategorized
or

Click here for more Housewife Life  

No comments:

Post a Comment