Thursday 8 September 2016

The Autumn Tag


Today I'm doing a tag post. I feel like my last few posts have been a bit serious, especially yesterday's post, so I thought doing a tag or questionnaire type post would lighten things up a bit this week. 

It's autumn. That mean's colder weather - or any kind of weather, according to the British weather - Halloween is coming up, the leaves are changing, soon we won't be able to move without crunching leaves under our feet, and Harvest is finishing up if it hasn't already. What better post to do than The Autumn Tag? With a little twist of course: from a farmer's point of view.

By the way, I found the questions to this tag on makeupsavvy.co.uk by Fee. 


1. Ok we're talking coffee's - what's your favourite seasonal drink from Starbucks/Costa/Cafe Nero etc?  


I don't really get coffee anywhere other than making my own at home, though I did try Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice Latte last year and LOVED IT. I know, I know, typical, a PSL. But I'm not ashamed to say it's probably my favourite drink from any coffee shop! Other than that, I don't change my coffee habits - instant coffee with unhealthy amounts of sugar made at home.


2. Accessories - what do you opt for, scarf, boots, gloves?


Anyone who knows me will know I'm not the most fashionable person ever. I spend most of my time in wellies and leggings with any top I can find to suit the weather that day. I love a long knitted scarf, but I'd be lying if I said tat's my go to Autumn fashion staple. It's more like a hoodie or jumper, that eventually gets covered in mud.


3. Music - what's your favourite music to listen to during Autumn?


The only time I change my music taste throughout the year is around Christmas. Though I am partial to a bit of The Wurzels during harvest. If you feel a need to listen to it (please do - imagine me singing this in the Tractor with B wile feeding the pigs) I recommend my two favourites : Combine Harvester and The Blackbird. Morning Glory was my favourite growing up too. Sorry mum.


4. Perfume - what's your favourite scent for this time of year?


I only own one or two perfumes - at least I think the second if a perfume. I wear these when I need to go out, but for just around the house or on the farm I use body-spray or something of the like -just to take the edge off the lovely smells of the farm.


5. Candles - what scents will you be burning this season?


I don't burn candles - too many feathered and furry friends about - so instead I use air-fresheners and such. I can only really use light smells, as I've found the smell of cinnamon and spices doesn't mix well with the smell of muck from the fields. I tend to opt for Fresh Linen whenever I can, or Ocean Breeze.


6. What do you love most about Autumn?


I could never choose one thing.  The change in the weather is one of the best I think though. It means the flies start to die off ( a blessing if you live on a farm), nights cuddled up under a blanket watching the TV while it rains outside... not too shabby if you ask me!


7. Favourite makeup look?


I don't really wear make-up - to be honest I'm probably the worst person to actually be doing this tag, haha! - but a look in general I enjoy seeing in autumn is dark lips. I relate the dark reds, oranges, purples, etc. to the changing of the leaves and it's so lovely.


8. What are you looking forward to most in Autumn?


Umm... Probably Halloween? Not much else really happens of any significance during the autumn for me. Harvest ends and Halloween approaches! 


So there you have it, the autumn tag! 

I tag all who have read this, please leave your links below so I can read your answers!

Thanks for reading,
Bella xx

No comments:

Post a Comment